Wednesday 26 November 2014

Recipe: Double Dark Chocolate Fairy Cakes




Double Dark Chocolate Fairy Cakes

I really like baking, but I tend to stick to super easy recipes as I am just not that adventurous. Today I thought I would share with you a little creation I made this week, which was Double Dark Chocolate Fairy Cakes. I simply made fairy cakes the traditional way and added some dark chocolate products in to make them a little more interesting. I used two products that I received in my Degustabox last Month, which were the Dr. Oetker Premium 90% Extra Dark Chocolate and the Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder. 

What you need:
Eggs,  Self Raising Flour, Butter/margarine, Sugar, Water, Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder, Cake Cases, Bowl (which is suitable to put over a saucepan on the hob), Saucepan, Whisk, Spoon, Mixing Bowl, Baking Tray


How To Make Double Dark Chocolate Fairy Cakes:
Pre - heat the oven to gas mark 5.
Mix together 125 grams of butter/margarine and 125 grams of sugar in a bowl. 
Add into the bowl 125 grams of self - raising flour and mix.
Add 1 or 2 eggs and whisk all together.
Add a sachet of dark chocolate cocoa powder and mix until all blended.
Equally distribute the mixture into cake cases, and put them onto a baking tray in the pre - heated oven.
Wait 15 - 25 minutes for the fairy cakes to cook, while checking them frequently.
Add warm water into a small saucepan, then put dark chocolate into a bowl and put that on top of the saucepan.
Put the saucepan onto the hob and use a spoon to help melt the chocolate.
Once the cakes are cooked and the chocolate is melted, remove them carefully and turn off the oven and hob.
Add a thick layer of chocolate onto each cake and put them into the fridge to set.

Finally, once the cakes are set, enjoy one with a nice cup of tea!



*This post contains two products which were sent to me to review. All opinions are 100 % honest and my own. You can view my full disclaimer policy on the tab above*




No comments:

Post a Comment