Tuesday 28 January 2014

Guest Post: Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara

Hi everyone, today I have another guest post from a fantastic and lovely blogger, Amy. I really enjoy reading her blog, you can check it out here. I'll hand it over to Amy!
Hi guys!
First of all, many thanks to Zoe for letting me do a guest post for her lovely blog. :)
I thought that after checking out her product directory, it would be pretty fitting to talk a Soap and Glory product, since it seems she's a fan, and so am I!
I'll be reviewing the infamous Thick & Fast Mascara, which is both loved and hated in the world of beauty enthusiasts.
 
Anyway, here's what I reckon....





Packaging

In typical Soap & Glory style, the packaging is girly and pretty. What more is there really to say?
Price
This retails for £10, which isn't the cheapest you can get for "drugstore" makeup, but also not the most expensive by any means. I think it's pretty reasonable.

What I reckon....
This, for me, is totally hit and miss!
The formula is a nice jet black, but the brush is HUGE, which is usually fantastic, but can be a bit of a pain for dealing with teeny little lashes.
For me, it did live up to its claims of being volumising (and doing it fast, for that matter), but I do have a problem with my lashes clumping together a little, which sometimes happens when I add more than one coat, which is a shame, although I can usually fix this by giving it a thorough combing through with a spooly brush.
As for lasting power, I'd say this is pretty great! I don't have any problems when it comes to flaking and smudging, and my lashes seem to still look lovely and thick by the end of the day!
 
All in all...
I think this is a reasonably priced mascara with impressive results. Saying that, I wish Soap & Glory would perhaps downsize the brush to grab my teeny tiny lashes and save me from those irritating smudges on my eyelid.
Overall, a thumbs up, Soap & Glory!

Thank you for the fantastic review, Amy! Do check out her blog its a great read!
Have you tried this mascara too? What are your thoughts?

9 comments:

  1. I've tried this mascara before and just thought it was okay, not the best mascara I've used and think there are better option out there.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same, I think its a good one but I find it a little messy! x

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara :) If you find it's clumping, just twirl the wand as you apply it or use one of those eye brow/ eye lashes combs. I always find that gets rid of them xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Zoe for letting me do a guest post! It was loads of fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hun! It was! Can I just say how gorgeous your eyes are too!? xx

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for a new mascara to try right now... maybe this would work for me. I will have to try it out. Thanks for sharing your review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know they did Mascara and after reading this i think its going to be my next one to try out.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete