Thursday 26 December 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips - Worth The Hype?



Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peach Kiss


The Baby Lips hit the UK just a few Months ago and everyone seemed to go absolutely crazy for them! I had managed to get my hands on one before they were released in the UK as I won a competition. I featured this in a favourite post back in February but wanted to wait until they were released here in the UK before I wrote about it. I forgot to write about it, then wasn't sure if there really needed to be another blog post about the ever so hyped tinted lip balm, but I thought hey why not?

The lip balm I own is in Peach Kiss, which as you can see is a very muted peach which gives just the tinest amount of sheer tint. It is effectively just a lip balm with a small sheen to it, I would not say it is highly pigmented in colour, but for me, a great product to pop into your hand bag. I didn't feel it necessary to include swatch photos of the lip product on the lips as it gives only the tiniest hint of colour which would not be noticable on a photograph.

I have read many blog posts about these lip balms and I have to say I was surprised a lot of people weren't bowled over by it. I think they are a great product as it leaves my lips feeling moisturised, but it is just a lip balm and is a little overrated for what i is - but hey- it does the job! I do think they are over-hyped but I do really like the product. I wouldn't go out and buy the entire collection as I really don't need another lip balm (!) but it is a great staple if you are on the go and need just a little something on your lips, or perhaps if you aren't too kean on a bright lip or lip stick, this is a subtle touch of colour.
Have you tried any of the Maybelline Baby Lips?

1 comment:

  1. Great review I also thought what the hype was all about when its really just a lip balm. but I love the cute packaging. I'm more into bold lipsticks xx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete