Monday 9 July 2012

Beauty from Pound Shops?

Hello lovelies, hope you all had a fabulous weekend
Today I am blogging about a few little gems I picked up from my local Poundland and Poundworld stores. 
A lot of people do not know that both of these stores stock their own make up, a brand called Chit Chat, and off course, each item only costs a pound. 
They also sell other make up brands, such as Miss Sporty, Rimmel, Sally Hansen, for example.
The products are in perfect condition, its usually the case of discontinued make up brand stock or even older packaging, but I'm fine with that.
This is what I picked up:

All £1!
CHIT CHAT Highlighter - I brought this because I was pondering over buying Benefit's Moon Beam Highlighter, but at £18.50 a pop, I thought I'd give the Poundland highlighter a whirl first. The glass bottle looks identical, except the lid is white, unlike the Benefit highlighter lid is black. I'm going to see how it goes with this, and I will let you know.

Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm - As a self -confessed lip balm hoarder, I just tend to pick any lip blams up wherever I go. I know that these particilar ones are about £2-3 in supermakets, and I saw this at the back of a stand and grabbed it quickly as it was the only one left. 

Value Pack - A lot of these Value Packs come in these purple packets, and have different items inside, so I had a good route through them and picked this one. Inside mine, I got a True Gold liquid Eyeliner, which is in pink and is actually very pigmented! I was wondering when I would use it, but I think I will use it on my upper lid in the summer (If we ever get one that is!). Also, in the pack, I got a Miners Lip Colour in Mulled Wine. It is a bronzey brown colour which is a little dark for me, but I am sure I canapply it veey lightly to get better use out of it. The last thing inside the pack was the reason I brought it in the first place - It is a Beauty Uk Eye Dust in 19. It is a silvery black eye dust, and is so beautiful. I am planning on using this for a night time smoky eye look.


What is the best product you have ever brought from a Pound Shop?
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hey!

    What great buys!

    Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Chit Chat highlighter. I'm always buying Revlon/Rimmel/Sally Hansen from the £ shop. I never think to actually try their own makeup! Silly me!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :)
      Definitely give them a whirl, I've just swatched it on my hand and it is really pigmented and lovely highlight, cant wait to use it tomorrow :) xxx

      Delete
  2. fab post :) will look out for these bargains! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high lighter especially is really worth getting :) x

      Delete
  3. That highlighter looks identical to benefit :O Doubt they'd sell them in the pound shops in Ireland though, grrr..

    Lovely blog btw, defo got a new follower:))

    www,staceyfromtheblog.blogspot.com
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hun, I'd send it your way if you'd like!
      xx
      Thanks hun!

      Delete
  4. I love the age defiance face wipes from poundland 2 packs for a £1 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them but I will be picking them up next time :D Thanks for the tip! x

      Delete
  5. I SOOOO wish we had a store like that!!! Jealous;-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww dont you have bargain stores near you? :(

      Delete